Newspapers allow us to reach a large number of people within a specified geographical area.
- Newspapers have immediacy. You can place an ad on Monday and get results before the week is over. Short deadlines allow a quick response to changing market conditions.
- People expect to find advertising in their newspapers. In fact, research shows people buy newspapers just to read the ads from the restaurants, movies and discount stores.
- Advertising in the motoring section means you can reach your target market.
- Flexibility in terms of ad size and placement.
- Any given advertising message must compete for the reader’s attention.
- You have no assurance that every person who receives the newspaper will read your advert.
- It has a relatively short life span (newspapers are typically read once, then discarded), thus requiring multiple insertions.